Client-Side | Data Centres
Job Ref: SPL97
Permanent or Contract
A unique job opportunity to work client-side in the Data Centre industry based in London as a Senior Planner working as part of the clients Project Controls and Scheduling team covering EMEA Data Centre projects.
Our client is actively recruiting a Senior Planner with consultancy, GC, and/or client-side Data Centre project experience.
This client-side Senior Planner job would suit an individual who has recent Data Centre project experience as well as well as extensive Primavera P6 software experience.
The role can be offered as permanent or contract hire, either way it’s a long-term job opportunity with future scope for progression within the organisation.
Our clients dedicated Project Controls & Scheduling Team are responsible for overseeing projects through from the initial planning stages to completion & operation. One main task is to oversee the development of the Project schedule ensuring schedules are built to a high level of quality and align to specifications, ensuring that the schedule is maintained at a high level of quality, to ensure a high level of predictability and communicated to project internal and external stakeholders to drive data based decisions to enable project success.
- To lead and oversee the successful delivery of Data Centre projects (in conjunction with the support of Project Management Partners)
- Detailed Audit of GC schedules to ensure schedules are logical, compliant and contains all project Scope
- Establish robust schedule reporting procedure to ensure streamlined data capture and analysis.
- Interviewing Main Contractors, undertaking tender analysis and reporting to internal recommendations related to schedule submissions.
- Undertaking schedule scenario analysis based on proposed options.
- Contract Administration (which requires a good understanding of building contracts).
- Implementation and management of a change control process.
- Understanding of testing and commissioning process and ability to audit commissioning process with input from the project team and align commissioning information into IMS integrated master schedules.
- To input into the Risk Management process and undertake Schedule Quantitative risk assessments to calculate project predictability.
- Onsite verification of work, ensure schedule forecasts are accurately reflected.
- To support in the management of the Data Centre Project management team potentially including line management duties.
- To support and develop our Data Centre team working on new high profile Data Centre projects.
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards.
Experience / Skills:
- Data Centre project experience is essential and must have been from the last 3 years, ideally a proven track record of multiple large scale data centre construction projects within the EMEA region.
- Technical – Understands technical aspects of project delivery from inception to post-completion and is able to identify and promote solutions. Can advise on contractual matters and construction sequencing and durations.
- Proven experience as a Lead Project Planner for Data Centre projects (Client, consultancy side or GC lead)
- Proven in delivering Data Centre projects as the Lead Project Planner either as a consultant, Lead contractor or client-side.
- Experience managing Data Centre projects from conception through to completion.
- Strong capability with Scheduling software Primavera P6, Microsoft 365 suite
- Ideally experience using reporting systems such as PowerBI with schedule data alignment
- Ideally an understanding and capability to use 4D modelling such as Syncro
- Experience writing Schedule management processes for structure alignment and reporting across portfolio’s.
To apply for the position of Demolition Senior Planner, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Dan Risby at Wolf Technical Recruitment.
Services advertised by Wolf Technical are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Wolf Technical Recruitment is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.