An interesting and challenging job opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join one of key clients PM team in Milan, Italy.
The Milan based Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing projects through from the initial planning stages to completion & operation. The main task will be to break down projects into stages, taking responsibility for monitoring and managing the programme, cost, quality, and risk of each stage of the project.
The client is a well-known and respected multi-disciplinary consultancy practice with a very strong presence and client base in the Data Centre / Data Center sector of construction. Proactively recruiting for an experienced stakeholder Project Manager who can work closely with their global technology clients.
Our clients Data Centre / Data Center focused Project Management team is growing sustainably based on work secured, which presents regular career promotion opportunities for proactive and competent Project Managers across Europe. The European Data Centre Project Manager team is supported by an already well-established and experienced platform.
Ideally seeking an experienced Project Manager with consultancy Data Centre experience. The successful Data Centre Project Manager will join a client focused team to help develop and drive my clients Data Centre capability.
The Project Management opportunity will provide the opportunity to work on high profile projects locally and further afield. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join the Data Centre team to work on a wide range of projects including new build, fitout, refurbishment, and capacity upgrades.
- To contribute to the successful delivery of Data Centre projects
- Regular reporting to clients and internal client teams.
- Management of multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Management of meetings, taking and preparation of minutes.
- Assistance with the preparation of contract documents.
- Experience of administering building contracts.
- Preparation of progress reports and presentations at regular client meetings.
- Assist in the running of a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering contractors.
- Preparation of key stage reports from feasibility through to completion and post-handover, supporting the Senior Project Manager.
- Support the implementation of and management of a change control process.
- Support with the coordination of the testing and commissioning process prior to handover.
- To support in the development of targeted marketing material, bid documents, capability statements, responses to RFPs, and attend networking events relating to Data Centres.
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures.
- Comply with established procurement/commercial/contractual strategies.
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards.
Experience / Skills:
- A proven track record in Project Management gained Consultancy, or client-side within the DC industry.
- DC experienced Project Managers from Contractor side will be considered if capable / experience with stake holder management, and experience with regular report writing.
- A technical understanding of aspects of project delivery, also able to identify and promote solutions. An understanding of contracts and procurement processes.
- Managerial – Ability to manage a part of a project (package) as part of a wider team with senior management support, obtaining positive written client feedback.
- Construction related degree or a similar construction related qualification with technical delivery experience in a similar role gained within a consultancy or end user client.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering Data Centre projects.
- Experience managing projects across the design, tender and construction stages.