Salary: Competitive basic + bonus + excellent company benefits
Job Ref: PCPM-27
A unique client-side job opportunity in the Data Centre sector of construction for a Pre-Construction Project Manager to work remote based with EU travel. To be considered as a remote worker you must be home based in either the UK, Netherlands, or Germany.
The Pre-Construction Project / Programme Manager will focus will be management and delivery with the primary responsibility of overseeing the effective implementation of EMEA wide pre-construction projects. This responsibility will include but is not limited to the overseeing of key planning, management, execution, and change control aspects associated with multiple projects and programmes of work on several sites including the internal and external coordination of project activities with suppliers and consultants.
- Accountable for the successful handover of pre-construction activities to the regional construction teams including the handover of any known identified risks on the project, driving and inputting into the standardized delivery of major projects including engagement with all relevant stakeholders (internal and external).
- Work with internal Expansion and Finance teams to prepare business case submissions for new and existing Greenfield and Brownfield Data Centre and infrastructure projects.
- Provide constructability input to new and existing site development opportunities, including risk analysis input.
- Collaborate with the Construction and Commercial Teams to identify, plan and manage project funding requirements and submissions. The Pre-Construction PM will create, manage, and report on short- and long-term funding needs.
- Work with the Construction and Scheduling teams to identify and plan utility and substation requirements and projects on new and existing Data Centre campuses.
- Identify short and long-term vendor requirements, work with the procurement team to draft and contract consultant scope of services, ensuring appropriate project resources are in place.
- Collaborate with Design, Construction and Legal teams identify and report on planning for and compliance with regulatory approvals, including Building and Environmental permitting.
- Identify service, equipment and contractor requirements on projects, driving pre-positioning and procurement efforts to mitigate supply chain risks across our projects.
- Provide timely, accurate and consistent reporting of all Pre-Construction activities across the prescribed projects / programmes.
- Clearly outline, define, and execute design and construction methodologies from inception to handover, continuously seeking and implementing opportunities to learn and improve our end-to-end delivery.
- Align with internal pre-sales, sales, and commercial teams to continuously assess and implement value add opportunities for our existing and prospective Clients.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Demonstrate proven mission critical, preferably Data Centre, construction experience.
- Ideally offer existing client-side (End User or Developer) experience within the Data Centre industry.
- Must have experience in the pre-construction process, in particular from concept through to RIBA stage 4.
- Possess excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to navigate complex and high-pressure environments.
- Have experience in operating at a management level and ability to present to senior leadership both internally and without external stakeholder forums.
- Have experience in remotely supporting and delivering successful outputs from consultant and project teams.
- A motivated team member with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, key initiatives, deadlines simultaneously, work with peers in a cross-functional and collaborative working environment that can influence from the initial project stages through design and into implementation to deliver on key projects and programmes.
- High personal and professional standard to deliver a high-quality product with a safety mindset.
- Detail and technical orientated professional that displays strong organization and delivery skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and customer focused attitude
- Ability to dynamically manage problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills both in planning and delivery stages of a project / programme.
- Knowledge of Environment, Health and Safety and related regulations associated with construction project delivery.
- Excellent project delivery experience and skillset, with the ability to operate within a multi-cultural environment.
- Solid interpersonal skills, demonstrating strong development and maintenance of stakeholder engagement.
To apply for the position of Pre-Construction Programme Manager / Project Manager, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Dan Risby at Wolf Technical Recruitment.
Services advertised by Wolf Technical are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Wolf Technical Recruitment is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.