Rate: Daily Rate + accommodation & flights
Job Ref: QACX80
This is a unique job opportunity to work client-side for a Data Centre client as their onsite Quality Assurance & Commissioning Owner’s Representative based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Ideally the QA/CX Owner Rep will be based local in Germany, however anyone who needs accommodation and flights, this can be provided by the client in addition to any agreed day rate.
Commissioning (Cx) is a quality process which provides documented confirmation of proper installation and function of the production facility’s critical systems and components as designed and specified. Commissioning validates that the facility meets project requirements, the basis of design, and operational needs of the groups intended usage.
The process ensures the business achieves the uptime desired and the anticipated Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). This Commissioning Process is based on various industry standards such as ASHRAE Guideline 0-2013 and others, but the program has been tailored to meet the specific needs of the business.
The Quality & Commissioning (QA/Cx) Owner’s Representative (OR) will support the Design & Construction and the EHSQ team’s mission “To create and operate spaces and services, rooted in our culture and brand. We enable growth by optimizing for speed and designed for agility”.
ORs will work with onsite PM, Operations POC, and General Contractor teams construction sites to implement the Quality Assurance & Cx (QA/Cx) Program in alignment with new Program initiatives. The ORs are an active manager on site to the QA/Cx Program, supporting PMs and Operations with quality leadership.
This role is a contingent with solid line reporting to the QA/Cx Program Manager and dotted line reporting to the site PM and Operations POC.
Commissioning milestones for construction projects are divided into “levels” for each phase of the project. These levels are segmented to incrementally provide assurance that equipment and systems are ready for the next level of verification and ultimately final turnover. Note that Levels of Commissioning are executed sequentially on a per component basis.
- Act as the single POC for all things Owner Quality and Cx for site level support on execution of the Program requirements. This includes but is not limited to equipment supplier quality concerns, CxA and QA team management, quality and Cx software (i.e. Cx Alloy, Procore) troubleshooting.
- Support the site PM in the successful delivery of the project by ensuring compliance to the QA/Cx program on behalf of QA/Cx at the different Cx stage gates and key project milestones.
- Manage the CxA and make sure that the CxA deliverables are completed on time and correctly.
- Act as an on-site reference point for the CxA and the GC QC and Cx Managers (technical and process)
- Manage the coordination of the transition between different project stages, advising the GC on the equipment delivery sequence to meet the turnover requirements.
- Coordinate any deferred Cx testing and assist in Cx related warranty items.
- Monitor the Cx progress and achievement (checklist completion, issue management, NCR status), ensure the Cx escalation process is followed, advise QA/Cx and the Facilities PM on the state of readiness for the key project milestones (L3 energization, L4 start, L4 complete).
- Identify and escalate any deviation from the program standards to the QA/Cx Lead PM
- Identify and escalate any risk to the project to the Facilities PM manager and QA/Cx Lead PM
- Provide accurate Cx performance reporting at the project and program level.
- Data Centre project experience gained in the EMEA is essential, ideally this will consist of multiple Data Centre projects gained in the last 5 years.
- Ideally MEP bias
- Proven experience acting in a Cx, and or QA role.
- Client-side experience is ideal, however QA/CX Data Centre experience gained GC, or CXA side is acceptable.
A more detailed job spec is available for review on request.
To apply for the position of QA / CX Owners Rep, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Dan Risby at Wolf Technical Recruitment.
Services advertised by Wolf Technical are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Wolf Technical Recruitment is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.