Permanent or Contract: Competitive/Negotiable
Job Ref: MEPCXM108I
An emerging global MEP critical infrastructure consultancy practice. Originally established in the Middle East in Dubai in 2014, enjoying year on year growth and success, and subsequently expanding throughout Europe since 2021.
As part of their continued growth in the European Data Centre market, and in line with their client requirements, this progressive client is actively recruiting for specialist data centre experienced professionals to support its growth and develop with the company and share in the success.
As a critical infrastructure / data centre specialist consultancy practice, this requirement is a client-side secondment. This role of Data Centre MEP Commissioning Manager / MEP Cx Manager is to be based client-side as part of the wider owners’ representative team based on site overseeing the general contractor and reporting back to internal stakeholders.
- Review of incoming contract documentation and the production/development of a planned methodology and a clear strategy (programme/commissioning plan) to commission and test the awarded project.
- To conduct “commission-ability reviews” of the system being installed and to advise the Specialist Services Manager, Design Manager(s) and Project Manager(s) on any foreseeable issues with scope and design strategy allowing incorporation to the final design.
- Attendance and witnessing on behalf of the company at Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), ensuring FAT tests are conducted and validated in compliance with the ERs and the requirements of the site and acting as approval authority of such testing alongside the Design Manager.
- Organisation of the commissioning and testing to suit the project program.
- Management of the commissioning being undertaken upon the site, and day-to-day organization, liaison with the respective supply and sub-contract chain.
- To review, develop, create, and conduct the necessary commissioning documentation, including Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) and Integrated System Testing (IST) scripts in line with the requirements of the project to deliver a fully integrated and operational project to the end user.
- Review approval and where necessary create method statements and risk assessments in conjunction with the project’s varying needs and requirements to fully commission and test the installation.
- Will have a working knowledge of BSRIA, UTI, ASHRAE and CIBSE methods and requirements.
- Presentation and explanation skills to communicate methodology and strategy to Senior Management and Directors, including clients and sub-contractors.
- Liaise with Project Managers, Technical Account Managers and Technical Designers to ensure project delivery in line with client requirements.
- Follow all company standards regarding commissioning practices & procedures etc.
- Preparation of reports for customers directly
- Study MEP documents and understand client requirements to be able to deliver and manage the project.
- Evaluate client inquiries, specifications, and drawings.
- Formulate technical response with assistance and guidance from other departments as required.
- Prepare and participate in the review of and submit technical responses to the highest standards of accuracy, presentation, and punctuality and in accordance with company standards and client requirements.
- Maintain a full and accurate record during the project.
- Attend client, supplier, and third-party meetings on and offsite as necessary.
- Understanding / knowledge of electrical & mechanical equipment’s and technical risk
- To liaise with all sub-contractors and ensure that all drawings are issued with all required information.
- To check and approve material submittals with respect to Technical Design
- Following on-site project management/testing, prepare reports, present findings, and provide a road map for change.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ideally a Mechanical or Electrical engineer degree, or equivalent working experience.
- Ideally 8+ years of data center infrastructure (Power and cooling) experience.
- Competent in MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- Good technical and proposals and submittals management
- Good technical review ability
- Ensure smooth management of the projects and commissioning.
- Ability to carry out site surveys and understand detailed schematic designs.
- Ideally working knowledge of Uptime Tiers & TIA 942-B – ATD not essential
To apply for the position of MEP Commissioning Manager, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre / data center construction sector, please contact Dan Risby at Wolf Technical Recruitment.
Services advertised by Wolf Technical are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Wolf Technical Recruitment is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.