Salary: Competitive basic salary + bonus + full benefits
Job Ref: SPM40
A senior job opportunity working client-side in the Data Center sector of construction. Our client is seeking a Lead Project Manager to be based on site located near Frankfurt, Germany. This Senior Construction Project Manager will act a Lead on the new build site near Frankfurt, reporting into the Country Lead and working as part of a senior management team who are responsible for the design, construction, and operation of Data Center projects across the region.
The Senior Project Lead will be accountable for the safe delivery of greenfield and brownfield Data Center projects, as well managing a team of internal and external stakeholders to deliver large Hyperscale Data Center and Retail Data Center and Infrastructure projects on site.
Please note this is not a rotational role. The successful applicant would need to be based in-country.
- Coach, measure and manage appointed professional services and General/Sub-Contractor teams to ensure consistency in delivery against these standards. Ensure appropriate and demand-oriented project sourcing during the delivery and value for money when appointing professional services.
- Govern, measure and if required correct project performance against key performance indicators and commitments across Safety, Schedule, Quality and Cost targets.
- Drive close stakeholder alignment with the Commercial, Operations and Commissioning Teams, creating a positive and transparent working environment.
- Perform general Construction management tasks, including but not limited to Project, Cost and change management meetings, controls, and reporting.
- Collaborate with peers internally within the Security Organisation to implement industry best practice Health, Safety and Security standards onsite.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of project status to the Senior Regional Construction Program Manager and wider business.
- Pro-actively identify, assess, and mitigate risks that arise during the course of the projects.
- Collaborate with your peers across EMEA to continually assess, align on and improve our delivery methodology.
- Align with pre-sales, sales and commercial teams to continuously assess and implement value add opportunities for our existing and prospective Clients.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Must be able to speak both German and English at least to a professional level.
- Working experience within the German construction industry is essential.
- Experience in a site-based management role, within the construction industry, overseeing a portfolio of concurrent capex projects.
- Have extensive experience in the planning and delivery of large capex projects, varying delivery methods (Management Contracting, Traditional, D&B) and forms of contract (ie. FIDIC, JCT).
- Demonstrate Data Center construction experience.
- Proficient in the use of project and commercial management tools and processes.
- Have experience in presenting to senior leadership teams.
- Have experience in managing and developing direct and vendor teams.
- Excellent project management experience and skillset, with the ability to operate within a multi-cultural environment.
- Good knowledge of HOAI/RIBA/VOB/CAD/BIM
To apply for the position of Lead Project Manager, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data center construction sector, please contact Dan Risby at Wolf Technical Recruitment.
Services advertised by Wolf Technical are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Wolf Technical Recruitment is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.