One of our clients has a live and exciting opportunity for an ambitious Senior Cost Manager to join their existing team based in Berlin as head of Cost Management. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to work as part of a dynamic team working with Clients in Germany and Europe.
Your experience must demonstrate that you have successfully undertook cost and commercial management at Senior Cost Manager level. Experience within the data centre sector is a plus. Individuals will have excellent technical skills and be able to work as part of a team and take ownership for their element of delivery.
The role will also take responsibility of an existing team of Cost Managers across both CSA and MEP
This role will suit individuals with experience in pre-contract cost modelling and planning, negotiation, procurement, post contract cost management, contract creation, execution and analysis to maximise operational and financial performance, reduction of financial risk and continuous commercial performance. It will also be expected that you will have experience in commercial pricing, modelling and strategies to drive value for money for the client.
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree or equivalent in Cost Management / Quantity Surveying
- A proven track record in all stages of projects from feasibility, pre-contract and post contract.
- Chartered with the RICS, or equivalent
- Strong measurement and cost planning expertise
- VOB / JCT / FIDIC experience
- Commercially astute with good negotiation skills
- Excellent people person and great communicator, both internal and external
- Knowledge of German market
- German language skills is a plus